Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Merry Christmas, M-spike!

I'm a little late in posting my test results from last week. My M-spike came back at 1.4, which I was pleased with, because it's completely stable from the month before. Then the nurse told me that it is actually better:  The new lab is now using two decimal places, so last month my M-spike was officially 1.48, and now it is 1.41. I improved by .07. I'm sure .07 doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of M-spikes, but I'll still take time to enjoy it.

Ah.

Also, my beta-2 microglobulin and IgG both slightly improved, so that's good, too.

I won't have another test until after Christmas, so now I can take the time to think about important holiday things, such as this: Why don't I have my own Bon Jovi-themed Christmas stocking like this one I found on Etsy? Why?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is Great Karen, In my mind the .07 means a lot, it means it is going the right way.
Merry Christmas!
Dan J

Clotee said...

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee

Michelle De Rooy said...

I have been a blogger long before I had cancer and it is only natural to write of my experiences as well as read of others. Blogs such as yours make me feel less isolated in my journey, even though I have a supportive family, I want to protect them from the worst that I can be at times. I am only just starting my 2nd journey with cancer (Bother are not related to each other! -I just got luck I suppose!) Thankfully at this early stage it does not include chemo, however I still hesitate to follow the radiation that is recommended. Still our journeys are different. http://inkspirationaldesigns.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/decisions-decisions-decisions.html. Don't be surprised if I make comments on earlier posts to as I come to them. Most likely I will start back at the beginning and go forth from there. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your journey.