Saturday, November 23, 2013

The world record

About ten years ago, I bought a Dorothy dress, and I made Jay buy a scarecrow costume. We still have them, and WCK has collected a variety of Oz costumes over the years: Dorothy, Glinda, and the Wicked Witch of the West. I feel these are necessary items that everyone should have in their wardrobe, because you never know when you will need them. For example, today I got a long letter from the Judy Garland Museum in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, informing me that this event is included in the annual Wizard of Oz Festival this June:

If I'm ever going to set a world record in my life … this would be it.

I went to Google to find out the previous record. It was set by 446 British schoolchildren in 2010. Oh, someone fetch me my ruby slippers. Those British schoolchildren are going down!

I should add that, as of right now, Jay and WCK are less than enthusiastic about driving 10-ish hours to set the world record, but I have until June to work on them. I'm feeling confident.

No comments: