Friday, November 15, 2013

Mid-Month Music Break

Back when I was marathon training, I would often start to get emotional over songs on my iPod. Usually this would happen anywhere after about mile 10, depending on how difficult the run was. ("I am livin' on a prayer! It's like you can see into my very soul, Bon Jovi!")

Once I got anywhere in the mid- to late teens, I could become an absolute wreck over certain songs, such as "I Run for Life" by Melissa Etheridge, which is a song about breast cancer patients who are runners. "I run for hope. I run to feel. I run for the truth, for all that is real." Oh, thank you, Melissa Etheridge! Now I can neither see nor breathe because I am trying not to sob!

I almost had a breakdown during the song "Carry On", which has the line, "My head is on fire, but my legs are fine. After all, they are mine." 

When you see that line in print, it doesn't seem breakdown-ish at all, but if you go out and run 18 miles, it certainly will.

Anyway, here's another one that always made me cry. Especially when Jon sings alone.  I would always get all, "If Jon can sing alone, I can run this marathon!! I love you, Jon!!

I was in pain. Do not judge me.



1 comment:

Lovey said...

Our family members are "Domers" (alumni of Notre Dame) and even bigger Bon Jovi fans now that his son is on the ND football team! Go Irish! Lovey