Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The healing power of Bon Jovi

My M-spike went up to 1.7. It was 1.4 last month. This happens at least once or twice a year, and it always goes right back down the following month. You'd think I'd be used to this by now, but I always get all shaky and nervous and start thinking, "What if it isn't going back down this time?"I spend the entire month trying to remind myself that this is not a big deal. It's not a big deal. It's not a big deal.

Of course, there is only one way to make sure it goes back down: Post a photo of Bon Jovi casting a magical spell on my M-spike. There we go. I'm feeling much better.


2 comments:

Emily said...

I wonder if the tightness of his pants is somehow tied to the crushing of the myeloma...something to ponder.

Anonymous said...

I know it is not me, but I think you have nothing to worry about in view of your all time high Hb levels. And in case you didn't know, the M-spike is an indirect value that comes from the direct measurement of total protein. So if your total protein levels were a bit higher than usual this month then so too will be the M-spike.

You remain the poster child for how MM can be for low risk, healthy patients, so you have to keep it up. I am on a similar path, taking only dex and rev with excellent results, and now with the plan of getting off dex in a few months and perhaps rev as well.