Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I did it!

I did it! I ran a marathon! I dragged my 1.7 M-spike across 26.2 miles. Fine, M-spike. You want to go up? I will make this diseased bone marrow run a frigging marathon. You like that? If that's not enough to scare the myeloma into submission, I don't know what is.

Around this time in 2005, I wasn't sure if I'd even be alive eight years later, let alone running a marathon. It just shows that anything is possible. All you need are brains, heart, courage, and a good pair of shoes. I saw that in a movie once.

It hurt really, really, really bad, but it's one of the best things I've ever done. I would do it again. Someday. Not now. I just regained the ability to climb stairs.

Here's one of my favorite photos that my mom took. Jay and WCK and my parents came out to see me at mile 20:


4 comments:

Sheri from Idaho said...

That is an awesome pic! Good for you! I honestly can't imagine running a marathon, even in my pre-MM days!

Emily said...

That picture is so freakin' cute!

Emily said...

Oh, and you are amazing for running a marathon!

Stephen Greene said...

Congratulations, CG... I ran a mile this morning and going to bed early as a result...

We're proud of you.