Monday, October 07, 2013

Have you heard? I'm running a marathon.

I know I haven't blogged in a really long time, but that's OK, because I've been training for a marathon. As you all know, people training for marathons are among the most annoying folk on earth. My blog would only have looked like this:



But now it's less than two weeks until the marathon, so I'm tapering and I have more free time than usual. I mostly spend this free time sitting around trying not to start crying and wondering about why in the name of God did I sign up for a marathon? WHY? I suck! I SUCK!!! And, is that little twinge a pulled muscle? OH MY GOD, IT'S A PULLED MUSCLE! THIS IS THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ANYBODY EVER IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! 

Now, I haven't reached the point of my last half marathon taper, when I was absolutely convinced that I was going to get pneumonia and die and my legs were going to fall off, but it's only a matter of time.


In all seriousness, I do feel pretty confident that I can cross the finish line one way or another. I just know that it is going to hurt really, really, really bad.

Anyway, since I've been away, my latest Myeloma Mom column was published on the Myeloma Beacon web site. You can read it here: http://www.myelomabeacon.com/headline/2013/09/26/myeloma-mom-how-do-you-tell-the-kids/

No comments: