Monday, August 05, 2013

Why I've been away

I've been away from the blog for a long time, but I have a good reason. Something sad happened, and I knew I couldn't just go on blogging like nothing had happened without writing about it first, but I didn't want to write about it. So I kept putting it off.

If you've read this blog for a while, you know that my Aunt Margie was also diagnosed with myeloma in November 2011. Margie's myeloma was aggressive and relentless. She went through a lot: Lots of different medications/chemo, a transplant, radiation, and surgeries. Finally, this past June, the doctors told her there was nothing more that could be done, and she started hospice care. She passed away from myeloma in mid-July.

It's a big loss for our family, especially for her husband, her kids, and her grandkids. I will really miss her. I promise I will write more about her someday soon, but I can't right now. I just wanted to explain why I've been away from the blog for so long.

Happier posts to follow soon, I promise!

2 comments:

tk said...

So sorry for your loss, Karen

Keith said...

It is so sad to hear of your Aunt's passing from Myeloma. I know a little about relatives passing from Myeloma, my father and brother both had and died from Myeloma and now I have smoldering.
Always remember the great things about them and their bravery for fighting it.
Take Care,
Keith