Sunday, November 04, 2012

Barack-oli!

On Election Night 2008, I made Barack-oli cheese soup. I thought I was insanely clever; Jay didn't get my joke. Here is the exact exchange we had, as recorded in this very blog back in 2008:

"I'm going to be making Barack-oli cheese soup," I said.
"Yeah," said Jay.
"I said," I repeated, "BARACK-oli cheese soup."
"Mmm hmm," said Jay.

Flash forward to November 2012. I was making my grocery list for the week and announced to Jay that, once again, I'd be making my Barack-oli cheese soup for Election Night. We had exactly the same conversation we had in 2008. He'd already forgotten the significance of the Barack-oli cheese soup.

Seriously, how does he not remember the exact details of a conversation we had four years ago? Is that too much to ask? Am I not as delightful as I think I am? Finally, I wrote it out on a piece of paper and he got the joke. Whew. Nobody panic; I'm still delightful.

I just hope the 2016 nominee has an easier name, like Sally French Fry or something.




1 comment:

Keith said...

You need to post the recipe. I am hoping he wins because if he doesn't we'll all be eating Roman---ee
noodles for 4 years!