Thursday, June 28, 2012

Angry eyebrows

On the last day of school, WCK brought home the journal she'd been writing/drawing in every day. Here is the best entry, or to look at it another way, the worst entry:


It says, "I am sorry for yelling at my mom." I recognize this scene. The floor is covered with toys, I have told her to pick up the toys, and her mouth is a big "O" because she's yelling that she does not want to pick up the toys.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am that I am not the one with the yelling "O" mouth in this drawing. Not that WCK would know what a yelling mouth looks like on me, because I am a perfect mother who never yells during the always cheerful, Mary-Poppins-like toy-pickup process.*

Still, look at my angry eyebrows! Obviously, I am extra, extra mad that there are toys on the ground because we're both wearing formal strapless ball gowns and we must have someplace to go. I must be saying, "Pick up your toys! We're going to be late for the barbecue at Twelve Oaks Plantation!" I usually never get this mad on a regular day. **

*A lie.
** Yet another lie.

2 comments:

Priya Menon said...

Hi
I am writing from CureTalk (www.trialx.com/curetalk) a cutting edge medical research and healthcare blog. We are following multiple myeloma from this month onwards and as part of our patient platform we are conducting interviews with the aim of sharing and increasing awareness on the condition. If you would like to participate, do drop me a line.
Priya

Priya Menon said...

Sorry, forgot to leave my mail, it is priya@trialx.com.