Friday, May 04, 2012

Like Backstreet, I am back! All right!

OK, I know I've been terrible -- terrible! -- about writing on the blog lately. I don't have a good reason. I'm sorry I haven't been better about keeping up. I'm not trying to make myself sound more important than I am, like huge masses of people are anxiously awaiting my next post. It's just that with a cancer blog, a huge gap between posts is never a good thing. You start to wonder if the person is horribly sick or, as my mom would say, has "passed out of the picture." I have not passed out of the picture, and I'm not at all sick. I'm just lazy. I have Lazy Disease. Symptoms include ... I'm not sure. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Then yesterday I was driving around running errands and listening to Kansas City public radio, and they were interviewing a local woman who has a blog called "People I Want to Punch in the Throat." Seriously, this is her blog. People she wants to punch in the throat. She has, like, a ba-zillion followers. I went to the blog, and it is pretty hilarious, and I agreed with most of her choices for throat-punching victims. It made me start thinking about my own blog and how I kind of missed it. I'll probably never be interviewed on the radio or get a ba-zillion followers or punch anyone in the throat, but it's my own little blog and I should probably take better care of it.

So here I am, tending to my poor little blog. I promised it all the ice cream it could eat.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I came across your blog in a very unique way - totally unrelated MM - I was looking for a Bon Jovi picture. Turns out the one you used in a post a few years back fit the bill. ;) But I work very closely with a multiple myeloma non-profit called MMORE and I would love to connect with you! Thanks for sharing your story and bringing awareness. http://www.mmore.org/video/SarahsStory/video.html

Lorna A said...

My poor blog feels neglected too. May be our blogs could have a play date and keep each other company? ;-)

Sandy said...

I saw something about Bon Jovi recently and thought about you so I'm glad to hear you haven't done a 'toes up' on us...

Karen's mom said...

I first heard "pass out of the picture" from your great grandfather Oliver Boylan, which was of course before he passed out of the picture...