Tuesday, January 24, 2012

World's Cutest Elderly Person

Yesterday was the 100th day of school, so the first-graders celebrated with all kinds of 100-themed activities. They had to bring in 100 of some kind of snack (WCK took Goldfish crackers), and stick 100 items to a piece of posterboard. (WCK did stickers). It's hard to believe that I've taken WCK to first grade 100 times now, especially since she still seems genuinely shocked every morning when I say she needs to put on shoes.

Anyway, as part of the 100th-day celebration, the kids had to draw pictures of what they imagine they'll look like when they're 100 years old. WCK has wanted to be a paleontologist ever since we took her to Dinosaur Park in South Dakota when she was two, so here she is at age 100, still digging bones:




Wow, she looks good!

I guess from this we can assume one of three things:

1) there will be some amazing medical advances in the next 94 years
2) WCK plans to become a vampire
3) WCK is going to forget to save money for retirement.

I guess it could be both #2 and #3. Even vampires need to be practical.

3 comments:

Lovey said...

My husband and I are taking care of our six year old grandaughter while her parents take a well deserved vacation, and she also just celebrated the 100th day of first grade and also took 100 Goldfish crackers! It was a toss-up between the crackers and 100 raisins (suggested by Grandad.) She thought 100 raisins would look too much like 100 insects! I taught first grade for many years and adore that age! Hope you're feeling well and congrats on the drop in M-spike.

Sandy said...

Back when I went to first grade we didn't do this kind of project, but my best friend of that class and I agreed that we are going to plan to try and stick it out for another 30 plus years, laughing as much as possible! Please tell WCK that I am rooting for her to become an important 'bone-digger' and to stick around for a long time!

Elizabeth said...

I love it!