Friday, November 04, 2011

What are you, a comedian?

Each week, WCK's teacher picks one kid to be the class comedian. Every day for a week, the comedian tells/reads a joke to the class at the end of the day. Last week was WCK's turn, so the teacher e-mailed me to let me know WCK would need to bring in five jokes. We spent some time searching the Internet, and these are the ones we chose:

What did the boy ghost say to the girl ghost?
You sure are BOO-tiful!

What is a scarecrow's favorite fruit?
STRAW-berries!

What does a bird say at Halloween?
Trick or TWEET!

Then, WCK made up two of her own original jokes:

How does a frog carry his library books?
In a TOAD bag!

When do reptiles fall from the sky?
During a bil-LIZARD!

When I asked WCK if the kids laughed at her jokes, she said, "No, but that's OK. Nobody EVER laughs at the jokes during comedian time."

Wow. Who knew first-graders were such a tough crowd? I mean, "Toad Bag" alone is comic gold. Maybe they just haven't had enough beer.

1 comment:

Kathy from NJ said...

Those jokes made me laugh, I love the BIL-lizard!