Sunday, November 27, 2011

We are thankful for ...

A few years ago, I started a Thanksgiving tradition. On November 1, I draw an outline of a tree on a piece of poster board. I write, "We are thankful for ..." on the trunk of the tree. Then I cut out a whole bunch of leaf shapes from construction paper. Every night before WCK's bedtime, Jay, WCK, and I sit down and each write one thing we're thankful for on a leaf, and we stick it to the tree. We do this every night until Thanksgiving. Here's our list from this year, in no particular order.

We are thankful for ...

Water
Our church
Superman
Air conditioning
Jay
Grandkids (my mom wrote that one when she was here)
Clocks
Vitamins
Beer
Bob (the guy who fixed some wood rot on our house)
Living in Kansas City
Clothes
Garland
Silverware
Food
TV
Sisters and brothers
Running
Pets
WCK
Star Wars
Clementines
Cousins
Nachos
Love
The Kansas City Chiefs
Grandmas and grandpas
Little House on the Prairie
Friends
Monkeys
Our cars
Chili
Grocery stores
Aunts and uncles
Electricity
Cake
WCK's teacher
Computers
Beautiful weather
The world
Medicine
Mommy
Grilling
Good food together
Neighbors
Beds
CDs
Baseball
Extended family
Books
Oz
Exercise class
Music
Being healthy
Jalepeno peppers
Animals
Snow
Football
Weekends
Parties
DVDs

1 comment:

Team S said...

I had fun guessing who was thankful for what :) Jenna (unprompted) said yesterday that she was thankful for guests (we have had a lot of houseguests recently) and I thought that was pretty funny, especially because this week I am thankful for no guests!