Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Baby, baby, baby, OH! Baby, baby, baby, OH!

One of WCK's spelling words this week is "just".

"Oh, I just haaaaaaate this word!" she exclaimed. When I asked her why, she said, "Because it reminds me of Justin Bieber, and I haaaaaaaate him!"

Oh, that makes me laugh. It turns out that most of the girls in WCK's class are in love with Justin Bieber, but WCK is standing her ground. I guess I can see his appeal, although, as far as I can tell, he has just one song, and that one song has just one word in it. (Unless you count "oh" as a word. Then it has two.) At the same time, I'm awfully proud of WCK for refusing to get swept up into the frenzy, especially when you consider her high-risk family history with things like this:




1 comment:

Karen's mom said...

I wish EVERY month were NaBloPoMo! I just did a week's worth of reading and can't stop laughing!