Monday, July 25, 2011

Cole!

Jay bought himself a Wii for his birthday in May. I had previously been very anti-video games, but I'm finding myself enjoying the Wii. With the days being so hot, Jay and WCK and I have been spending most of our after-dinner-but-before-bedtime time down in the basement playing Wii Sports Resort. We love table tennis. Actually, we love to hate table tennis, because we always have to play a little pretend Wii person named "Cole", and we can never manage to beat him.

Oooooh, Cole. We hate Cole. He is so cocky and smug and wears annoying sunglasses. When we see Cole come on the screen, we say, "Cole!" in the exact tone that Jerry Seinfeld would say, "Newman!" Then Cole kicks one of our butts. Our extreme hatred of Cole binds us together as a family.

WCK is especially good at trash-talking to Cole. "I DO NOT LIKE YOUR WICKED GRIN!" she will say.

Tonight she had a really good one: "LISTEN, COLE! I AM GOING TO TAKE YOU TO A RESTAURANT ... AND THEN I AM GOING TO ORDER YOU A FOOD YOU DO NOT LIKE!"

That's right. You don't mess with WCK.

No comments: