Friday, January 14, 2011

And the countdown begins ...

Today has been a good day so far. First, my friend Abigail and I now have our tickets to see NKOTBSB in July. It looks like we'll be a lot closer to the stage this time. All that is left to do is sit around and wait for six months and two days. Six months!! How am I going to pass the time? By posting videos, of course. Here is the video of all of them on New Year's Eve:

As soon as I ordered the tickets, I had to rush out the door for my monthly checkup with Dr. GPO. My hemoglobin is still a little too low, but it has improved a little bit, and my white count has improved a lot. Today it was 3.o, which is still too low, but last month it was 1.3. Yikes! I asked about last month's M-spike rise, and Dr. GPO said he was not the least bit concerned. Then we had a conversation that went like this:

ME: What if my M-spike goes up again?

DR. GPO: It won't.

ME: OK. But what if ...

DR. GPO: IT WON'T.

ME: But ...

DR. GPO: IT CAN'T. IT WON'T.

Finally, I got him to admit that there might exist some far-off, imaginary, fantasy universe where frogs wear tiny little hats, and maybe, my M-spike might, hypothetically, maybe, perhaps, go up again. In that case, he said I might need to adjust my dose again and/or go back on Dex (which I had been thinking about for the past month, so I was not shocked). However, he said that first we would do everything we possibly could before turning to the Dex as a last resort. In the far-off, imaginary, fantasy universe. So that's good to hear.

OK, stop reading this and watch the video. You know you want to.

3 comments:

cancer girl said...

We're going to NKOTS/BSB too in July!!!! I wish you lived closer, Karen, you seem so awesome, well of course you are, you love NKOTB too! LOL! My husband thinks I'm nits for still liking them when I am 37, but he's wrong... I LOVE them! LOL!

www.cancerhasitsprivileges.blogspot.com

ppl said...

Karen, could you tell me what your hemoglobin is and how much revlimid you are on. Thanks

Kristy Rae said...

Just found your blog and I LOVE it! I also love that you captured that little NKOTB/BSB moment on New Year's Eve. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them - thought at first it was some group trying to BE them - til I noticed it WAS them :) I still couldn't figure out where the Wahlberg was (and can't remember if it's Donny or Mark). Hugs to you!