Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meet my grandson, Bunny Bunny Bun Bun

Yesterday morning before school, WCK appeared in the kitchen with a doll stroller containing Bear and Bunny Bunny Bun Bun. Attached to the stroller was a camera, as well as baskets containing supplies, such as plastic food, bibs, and toys.



WCK informed me that these were her kids, and, seeing as I was their grandmother, it was my job to look after them all day while she was in school. She left strict instructions: "You can take them anywhere you want, except the desert, because they are both very scared of rattlesnakes."

My plans to explore the vast deserts of Kansas City dashed, I decided we'd spend the day hanging out around the house. Like a good grandma, I took photos to show WCK what her kids had been up to all day. First, we got out the toys she'd packed and played for a while:



We hung out with Garland:



We went outside, although we only went on the back deck, out of fear of neighbors, I mean rattlesnakes, spotting us:



We worked up big appetites hiding from rattlesnakes, so it was time to put on bibs and enjoy a healthy lunch of plastic vegetables:



And then a good nap in WCK's bed:




After their nap, I left them sitting quietly, nicely reading Bear's favorite book ...



I turned my back for a second, and ... THEY CLIMBED TO THE TOP OF THE KITCHEN CABINETS!! WHAT THE HECK? GET DOWN FROM THERE! YOU KIDS ARE BEING NAUGHTY!




Whew. I finally got them down. That was a close one. WAIT A MINUTE! NOW THEY'RE ON TOP OF THE LAMP!!! Those dang kids!



WCK found it hilarious that they'd climbed so high. Easy for her to say; she's off at luxurious kindergarten all day while I have to chase after her children. I was worn out. The time to go pick up their mother could not come soon enough.



4 comments:

Team S said...

That is the funniest thing ever! I will have to do this for M while she is at preschool. My nickname for her is Bunny Bun-Bun :)

mplsdeanna said...

I read this story to the boys like it was children's story, and they LOVED it! At the end, Tom said, "Wait. How did they get to the top of the cabinets? Really, how did they?"

Sandy said...

I did a slide show for my grandson for the first day of kindergarden because he had to leave his beloved "Puppy" behind. It was like this, showing all the things that Puppy did while he was away. He giggled like crazy when he saw it and it was a lot of fun creating it. I enjoyed your presentation a lot, too.

Elizabeth said...

Hmmm ... you really miss her while she is at school, don't you?