Thursday, July 01, 2010

We're back!

OK, I'm finally back. After our trip to Mayo, we continued on a two-week family vacation to Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois. First, Jay ran a marathon in Duluth, Minn. We were very proud of him. There he goes:



Then we spent four days at one of my favorite places on the face of the earth, Mackinac Island, Michigan:




I took about 10,000 photos that all look like this, but can you really blame me?




And not only does Mackinac Island look beautiful, you can find a fudge shop every few feet on its main street. It's everything I could possibly ask for in a travel destination.

Anyway, that's just a brief recap of where we were. I hope to get back into the swing of blogging soon, as soon as I finish going through fudge detox.

3 comments:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

MMM. Fudge! Take your time. Glad your vacation was wonderful!

feresaknit said...

How long did it take Jay to finish that marathon - he doesn't seem to be going very fast, maybe you should have given him some fudge.

I've read twice now that diet doesn't have much affect on myeloma (the sugar feeds cancer debate) so there's an excuse to go wild with the fudge.

Don said...

Sorry we missed you at Grandma's! Looks like Jay finished about ten minutes ahead of me - I'm a little surprised that we didn't bump into each other.

Anyway I do envy your trip to Mackinac and points beyond.