Monday, June 07, 2010

Hope and S'Myeloma

I realized that, a few posts ago, I forgot to provide a link to Don's blog. It's called Myeloma Hope. Don is the other myeloma blogger who was at ASCO, and I think his blog is much more informative than mine is. He has a really good post weighing the pros and cons of Revlimid maintenance therapy. Plus, Don eats all organic food, so he was probably paying closer attention to all of the presentations instead of thinking about M&Ms.

I also invite you to visit Sean's blog, Myeloma, Youreloma, because he gave me the "S'Myeloma Award" for my ASCO reporting. Heh heh. I totally think they should change the official name to S'Myeloma. Wouldn't that take the sting out of the bad news? You couldn't help but smile while being told you had S'Myeloma, could you?

I'm breaking out in multiple S'Myelomas right now.

5 comments:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

I swear I had a dream about the pizza in your last post last night. Low-carb diet not going so well over here. Send help ... (in the form of pizza). Thanks!

tim's wife said...

You definitely deserve the reporting award! I loved the Dorothy buddy pictorial(the IMF should use her on their power point presentations. It would make following all those graphs and such much more fun)Even had some valuable tips for us chocoholics.
Us MM'ers and caregivers MUST have our priorities straight! ;o)

CancerKicker said...

I say we petition the name change...and color while we are at it. My Michigan Football faithful are at me constantly for making shirts that have burgundy and gray (too similar to OSU).

Kelly said...

Reading your story reminds me of an author in a very similar situation. Alesia Shute is a childhood cancer survivor and wrote her story. Check out her website because the two of you might be able to help each other. www.everythingsokaybook.com

Anonymous said...

Karen,

I am really interested in this lecture you went to, do you have any info on who the speaker was or any contact for a copy? Thanks!

Gayla
gaylaper at yahoo.com

The next study combined low-dose "bore-tez-uh-mib" (Velcade) with reduced-dose thalidomide and dex, and compared it to regular-dose Velcade plus dex as induction therapy prior to a stem-cell transplant. It was a VTD vs. VD smackdown!! Who emerged victorious? Velcade, Thal, and Dex kicked Velcade/Dex’s butt! Woo hoo! I also jotted something down in my notes that said, “Toxic death = 0.” That’s always good to know. Also, Toxic Death would be an excellent name for a band.