Monday, June 07, 2010

Dorothy Buddy in Chicago

The IMF thought they were flying Jay and me to Chicago. Little did they know, there was also a stowaway:



Yep, that's Dorothy Buddy, my Myeloma Buddy specially knitted for me by fellow myeloma blogger Feresaknit and sent to me all the way from England. Here's Dorothy Buddy enjoying a Chicago-style pizza. Don't get any sauce on your yarn, Dorothy Buddy!




Now, Dorothy will give us a tour of our room at the Hard Rock Hotel. Nice view of Michigan Avenue!




Whee! Look at the opulent photo of Tina Turner!




Time to relax ...



Ahhhh .... comfy.




What? A giant photo of The Beatles above the toilet? This place is crazy!


I'm a little overwhelmed. I think I'll lean up against the mirror for a while.

Thanks, Dorothy Buddy! You're an excellent tour guide.

6 comments:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

That pizza looks fabulous. Yum Chicago style. Did Dorothy share with you? She looks like the perfect travel companion.

Karen's Mom said...

Why not have the Beatles in the bathroom? : ) WCK has the Seinfeld cast dressed in Wizard of Oz outfits reflected in her bathroom mirror. Come to think of it, that picture was there long before WCK was born. So glad your Buddy was there to enjoy it all.

Sunshine said...

Wow! You got a soft upholstered chair. Hmmmmm.
I think your room was directly under ours (on floor 22)... and I see you were much closer to the ground, which seems really good to me. That decor was amazing.

I love your blog.

feresaknit said...

I was getting a bit concerned that the IMF hadn't provided you, Jay and Dorothy Buddy with a room with a tea tray and then I noticed the coffee machine thingie. Whoa - who needs a tea tray with something like that!

Beth said...

They really roll out the red carpet for the myeloma buddies. I'm going to start traveling with one!

CancerKicker said...

Oh my gosh, you cracked me up with the Dorothy Buddy. I'll have to take out Myeloma Mike for some action shots around Ann Arbor. Stay tuned.....