Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Return of the church van

It's official: I've been declared immortal by a medical professional.

This morning, Dr. GPO told me very enthusiastically -- and these were his exact words -- "YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO DIE!!!!"

Dr. GPO talks with a lot of capital letters and exclamation points. You gotta love Dr. GPO.

"Um," I said, "never?"

We both thought this was pretty funny. "I meant you'll never die of myeloma," he said. "You'll probably get run over by a church van first."

Again with the church van! I am now very, very paranoid about church vans. If your church is planning any kind of a trip, can you please contact me and let me know so that I can stay locked inside my home for the following 24 hours?

Anyway, all of my blood counts were good, and I'll get the M-spike results in a few days, probably next week. The cancer center was all out of flu shots, so I drove over to Target and got one at the pharmacy. I also found out that the myeloma qualifies me for the swine flu vaccine once it becomes available. I think what I really need is a church-van vaccine.

7 comments:

Jay's mom said...

That is such great news! Does a school van qualify as a church van? We are going on a field trip Oct. 14th in our school van. :o)

Jill said...

I don't think you can really get better news, that's great! I guess, technically, better news would be, "You'll die of old age in your sleep at age 103." But this is still pretty good.

englishgirlinkc said...

Great news! How about minivans? Was he specific about the type of van involved? Maybe next time you could ask for colour and licence plate details.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
That is such great news !
I am very happy for You.
Dan

John Wagner said...

We have four church vans, but no immediate plans to leave the state. Will keep you informed.

So pleased to see you are doing so well. Congratulations on the terrific pronouncement.

If laughter is the best medicine, then I am doing well because of reading your Blog. Thank you.

Karen's Sister said...

Yay! Its never a bad thing for your doctor to declare you an immortal :)

Kim said...

Do you think that stems from the close proximity in which you lived to the church of the holy vans?