Thursday, March 05, 2009

Carpet samples

Jay and I are thinking about getting new carpet for our house. Our current carpet is really old and, frankly, really yucky. I blame the previous owners of the house.

Nebraska Furniture Mart sent over a bunch of carpet samples yesterday in various shades of beige. I've been viewing them under different lighting conditions, holding them next to different pieces of furniture, taking them into different rooms, just trying to decide which shade of beige is the best one. Then I realized the best -- and most practical -- way to make this decision is to have Garland throw up on each sample so we can see which shade blends the best with cat vomit.

Really, I think I missed my calling as an interior designer.

6 comments:

goodbloodbadblood said...

Ah, my cat Buckwheat is also a "heaver." We went to oak hardwood floors. Oak is sort of a beige I guess.

Brooke said...

That's exactly how we picked our carpet color. No joke. We should have gone with a more orangey shade though...:) Yuck.

Jen said...

That is a little bit sad, but very true.

Jenni said...

No, you don't want the "gift" from Garland to blend in. You could miss it and then where would you be; even worse than the old yucky carpet you have now. You want the carpet to show all the gifts Garland leaves for you.

What is it about cats? Lucy left us a gift this morning too. But now I have to find it before Charliet does or....

Margaret said...

I'm with Jenni. I want to SEE where the "gift" is, not have my foot land in it (yuck!)...

I have four cats. In order to reduce this sort of, uhm, problem, I periodically give them some cat hairball paste, which they love, btw. Or some cat grass.

Margaret
Florence, Italy

Karen's Sister said...

You're taking the idea of the "Barker Beige" to a whole new level. Ha!