Thursday, June 05, 2008

Political analyst

WCK and I had a political discussion yesterday morning.

"WCK," I said, "can you say 'Obama'?"

WCK was more interested in her trike than in Obama.

"Um," she said, "maybe later."

This is her typical, trying-to-be-polite response when a request annoys or displeases her. I started laughing.

"I don't think Grandma Marty would want to hear you say that," I said. Grandma Marty is a big Obama supporter. Actually, I don't think "supporter" is a strong enough word for what Grandma Marty is.

"I said," WCK repeated patiently, "I say 'Obama' LATER."

I felt a small pang of fear.

"You're not a Republican, are you?" I asked.

"I don't think so," WCK said soberly. "That's silly."

Indeed.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

LOL. We are a divided political household so my Evil plan is to teach Hannah to say Obama or maybe even some kind of slogan while Mathew's at work and then have her show off her skills when he gets home. Tee hee.