Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Nibbles

While we were driving to the grocery store yesterday, WCK announced, "I want to nibble the sky!" She told me the clouds would taste like vanilla. Mmm ... clouds.

As long as we're on the topic of nibbling, I thought I'd post a photo of the previously mentioned rainbow pancakes that my sister made. See how decadent?



You'll notice that I put a few pieces of fruit on the plate in an attempt to make myself look like a Decent Mother. Then I could say, "Well, yes, I allowed my child to eat a breakfast of pancakes, whipped cream, candy sprinkles, and sausage, but the breakfast also included healthy fruit. See how healthy?" Of course, she did not touch the fruit.

While we were at my sister's, we also made Batman brownies:




I know all of this food is very wrong. I have witnesses who will testify that I only had a teeny, teeny sliver of Batman brownies because I was on dex. At least the sky is low in calories and sugar, as far as I know.

2 comments:

Karen's sister said...

Okay, now I feel the need to defend myself to the readers of this blog, who must be thinking that Karen's Sister is crazy to feed children such stuff... I being the one who feeds her child clearly unhealthy Rainbow Pancakes. Let it be known that WCN is TINY. She was 5lb4oz at birth (she was not premature) and has remained in the 5th percentile her whole life. At 2 1/2 she weighs a whopping 26lbs. We feel the need to fill her with calories. We encourage her to snack and eat, just to put some fat on her skinny little body, but she eats like a tiny bird. This is one of things she will DEVOUR. We really do give her healthy options, but see no reason not to indulge her sweet tooth if it means she'll keep her weight up. That, and Rainbow Pancakes and Batman Brownies are just fun.

The Luke Family's Home Page said...

Hey - there's nothing wrong with sprinkle pancakes!

On a side note - if you're looking for something to help "boost" her weight - my pediatrician suggested Carnation Instant Breakfast. I mix it for my kids (who are 6 and 4 and have been on it since they were 2 each, being a little on the skinny side as well) - about 1/2 the packet in a 6 ounce glass of milk - with breakfast and before bed. It has helped my son move from 5 to 10 percentile in weight - and it is full of vitamins and protein as well.