Monday, May 26, 2008

Zombies

About a year ago, the Mayo Clinic started up a really interesting clinical trial using the measles virus to kill myeloma cells.

The other night, Jay and I watched I Am Legend. In this movie, doctors cure cancer using ... the measles virus. Then everything goes horribly wrong. The virus kills nearly everyone on earth and turns everyone else into rabid, flesh-eating zombies who only come out at night. Will Smith is the only human in the entire world who is unaffected, and he must fight off said zombies. It was one of the scariest movies I've seen in a long time, and I highly recommend it, as long as you are not home alone. I'm rethinking how cool that measles virus clinical trial sounds, though.

Then I got to thinking: Cranky, hungry zombies who are up all night? Maybe they took dex with the measles vaccine.

4 comments:

hakimxxx said...

Very nice blog!
Let's laugh 2gether,please visit >>>Jokes 4 U
Talk 2 U soon;-).

Karen's sister said...

Zombies... very scary movie, though the part I really hate is the part with the dog. Hate it, hate it. All the people in the world can die, or become zombies... but nobody should mess with a guy's dog.

jewells said...

Thought the same thing when I saw that movie: the writers must have saw an article on the Mayo study.

Loved the Dex comment; crazy zombie is about right.

Interesting on Dex at night, always told to take in the morning, Rev at night.

Hope it is a mute question: just took my last dose (cross your fingers that it will be a really long time till the next one)

SCT in 5 Weeks

Take care,

Jewells

David E said...

If you plan to see the movie, don;t read the book - worst adaptation EVER! On it's own, the movie is pretty good, the book is better....
IMHO