Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy birthday, WCK!!

Yesterday was WCK's birthday! She is now THREE! Three is very old. Three is when you officially start to become a "real person" instead of a baby. I think I said that last year about two, but I really mean it now. I'm sure I will say it next year about four.

We had a party for her yesterday at a local park. The weather was amazing, and we had a really good time with lots of family and friends and a very cool dinosaur cake from Hy-Vee. It featured volcanoes that were nothing more than giant mounds of green frosting (oozing frosting lava, of course), and decorative plastic dinosaurs that really made roaring sounds. I made dino hats for all the kids (actually, I think they were really monster hats ... but they kind of looked like dinos), and we tried a game where they could pick prizes out of a bucket using one of those opening-and-closing dinosaur heads on a stick. I don't think this 33-year-old had the fine motor skills to pull this off, so it was a bit of a challenge, but fun.

I hope everybody who came had a good time. We sure did. Now I have to start planning next year's party. I keep thinking that some year I need to do a Wizard of Oz party, of course, but that would have to be my Ultimate Party Masterpiece. After that, I'd have to retire undefeated from the world of parties.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

It was tons of fun! Aidan played with his dinosaur grabber ALL DAY yesterday:)

Anonymous said...

The Dinosaur grabbers are a big hit! We had a great time!
:)Lisa

Gina said...

Three is awesome. Probably my favorite age to be, mother, and work with as a Kindermusik teacher. Volcano icing is even better. I love good store bought frosting.

I haven't commented in a while but read your blog regularly.
Wanted to follow up from Feb. 07...the remail topic...the hideous red countertops...

Well, mom is in partial remission now with MM, all after a long haul and a STC, she is well enough to travel with dad in their luxury motorhome from Arkansas to see the grandsons here in NC. We shopped at Home Depot and what did we see currently featured in their model kitchens????

RED COUNTERTOPS. CORIAN POMPEII RED no less.

In true Poltergeist impersonation, we looked at each other and said "THEY"RE BAAAA AAACK!"

Just goes to prove, that if you live long enough, like to age three, you will see things come back, like dinosaurs. Happy Birthday WCPreschooler.