Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hey, there, woodchuck chuckers!

It's Groundhog Day!

You'd think after 32 years of Groundhog Days, I would finally have this down, but I can never, ever remember which way it goes. Does seeing a shadow mean winter or spring? I had to Google it so I could explain it to WCK. Here it is, once and for all:

Shadow = Winter
No shadow = Spring

I always get confused, because I think, if he's seeing his shadow, doesn't that mean it's really sunny out and should therefore be spring? Doesn't that make more sense? Why don't I run the world?

By the way, I got a few more hours of sleep and I feel a little bit better now.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Not in Minnesota. Up here we figure if he sees his shadow (sunny day) he gets scared back into his hole and we have 6 weeks more winter... EXCEPT....
We also know that whatever he sees, there is no way spring will come in less than 6 weeks.
So whatever makes a good story I guess.