Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The complaining can continue

Whenever I feel too lazy/tired/busy to go vote, I remember what my seventh-grade social studies teacher always said: If you don't vote, you don't get to complain. I really, really, really like to complain. Obviously, I don't apply this rule to American Idol, since I've never voted and I complain about the results constantly, even the results from 2002. (Clay Aiken was robbed!)

Anyway. With the threat of a complaint-free future motivating me, I decided to go vote. Even though it was 35 degrees and pouring rain, and even though WCK was a little, um, resistant to putting her shoes on, and we still had to try to get to a morning music class after the voting, I'm happy to say that we made it to the polls. A nice man gave WCK an extra American flag sticker, all went well, and we were actually early for music class for a change. God bless America.

I'm so happy that I get to complain now.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

What if you want to vote but are not allowed to? I'm highly concerned about my future complaining status.

Vanda said...

Well said! I always tell people that when they complaing about something and haven't voted.

Abigail, of course you can complain LOL as long as you are a resident and pay taxes. Oh and I hated the IRS when we lived there for 23 years.

Our PM can hold off an election if he says the country is in a recession. We won't get to vote until 2010, sighhhhh.