Saturday, December 22, 2007

Real genius

Since the Dex has me up at 6 a.m. again, I thought I'd update you on some of the adventures of WCK.

In the past few weeks, we've watched A Charlie Brown Christmas about 1,345 times. If I need to check my e-mail? A Charlie Brown Christmas! Bake a cupcake? A Charlie Brown Christmas! Just lie there? A Charlie Brown Christmas! The other day, WCK and I were walking through Hobby Lobby when "Fur Elise" began playing over the P.A. system. This is one of the songs that Schroder plays on his toy piano while talking about how much he loves Beethoven.

"Mommy!" exclaimed WCK, fortunately loud enough for other patrons to hear. "I HEAR BEETHOVEN!"

Yes, now "My Child, Couch Potato Ignored by Her Mother" is now "My Child, Super Genius", at least as far as the patrons of Hobby Lobby are concerned.

The next song was an instrumental version of "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire".

"Beethoven?" asked WCK.

"No," I said. "This song was written by Mel Torme. Can you say Mel Torme?"

"MEL TORME!" she exclaimed. When we got home, we had to put in my Mel Torme Christmas CD and dance. And now I ask her about it all the time.

"WCK," I'll say. "Who wrote 'Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire'?"

"MEL TORME!" she'll cry with great joy.

I'm grooming her win a game of Trivial Pursuit someday.

2 comments:

Karen's Mom said...

After Trivial Pursuit, Jeopardy!!

Love,
Mom/Grandma

Sunshine said...

Precious!! Thanks for writing.
Christmas hugs for you all.