Saturday, December 01, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

Here we are in Iowa. The snowy drive from Rochester to Ames was truly scary. We watched a truck pulling a trailer fly off into the ditch right in front of us. Just as we were recovering from that heart-attack moment, WCK got violently carsick and we had to pull over. Luckily, we never travel now without the Official Emergency Carsickness Kit (wipes, garbage bags, extra clothes), and we were able to get her cleaned up and continue on. WCK inherited the carsickness gene from me. I'm sorry, WCK.

We managed to make it to my sister's house in Iowa, and now we are safe and warm and full of barbecued ribs. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon. We hope to be back home tomorrow.

Wow. Home.

P.S.: Somebody named ppl posted a comment, asking if he/she could ask me some medical questions. Sure! Ask away! Either post your questions here, or give me your e-mail address.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear you made it OK. It was quite an ice storm. We've been thinking of you guys.

ppl said...

Hi - glad to hear you made it ok also. We happen to live in Minneapolis so understand the bad storm. When you have rested and have time, my email is pplancer@centurytel.net.

Don said...

You stole my headline!

You rock :-)

Sunshine said...

Oh congratulations for being finished at Mayo.
Sounds like that dinner at your sister's was almost a belated Thanksgiving ... even safe arrival in this weather was a reason to rejoice!

Abigail said...

I'm so glad you made it there ok. I was worried about you yesterday! Have a safe journey back the rest of the way.

mplsdeanna said...

I hope you're watching Battlestar RIGHT NOW!