Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas was coming ...

... the goose was getting fat ...

Actually, the goose was getting cold, because it was naked. My poor front-porch goose has never owned a Christmas outfit, so I decided to fix that this year. Stylish!



I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Ours was great. On Christmas Eve, WCK helped me make some food for the reindeer out of oatmeal and glitter (aka "Magic Dust", available in the Magic Dust aisle at Wal-Mart). We sprinkled the mixture on the deck, and in the morning, it was all gone! The reindeer were hungry.

I got so many cool presents. Jay got me a book called "Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips." It's written by a woman who was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer at age 31 and then devoted herself to kicking the cancer's butt. I know she also made a documentary that aired on TLC, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm only about a third of the way through the book, but it is GREAT. I can relate to so many of the things she talks about. I recommend it to every cancer patient, especially women in their 20s and 30s. Here's a link to the gal's web site.

Jay's parents got me an electric blanket with dual controls. The dual-control feature is key, as Jay is always roasting and I am always suffering from frostbite. Jay's side isn't even hooked up, but mine is set to the Flames of Hell setting each night. Toasty.

Jay also got me a watch pedometer: It works like a pedometer you'd strap to your pants, only you wear it like a watch. I'd tried wearing the regular pedometers, but they'd fall off if I wore anything other than sweat pants. Granted, I wear sweat pants 99.9 percent of the time, but sometimes you have to dress up and wear jeans. (Granted, they are five-year-old jeans with holes in them) Anyway, the watch has about 1,587 functions and can probably launch the space shuttle. It took me a while to figure out how to work the pedometer part, but now it's up and running. Today I've already gone 9,565 steps! Woo! Time for a cookie.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Karen-
The girls documentary is awesome. She was featured on Montel also and talked about what happened after the documentary!

Sunshine said...

Very cute Santa Goose.
Thanks for the Sexy Cancer site.
Glad to hear you had a good Christmas.