Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rah, Rah, Rochester*

* That's seriously the town motto. I'm not making this up.

We got here last night all in one piece. It was a pretty uneventful trip, which means that nobody threw up in the car. Hurrah! We were able to stop in Iowa to see my sister and World's Cutest Neice for a couple hours. WCK loves the new "partment", most likely because it is completely un-babyproofed: Nothing but uncovered electrical outlets and butcher knives in low drawers as far as the eye can see. It's a toddler paradise, really.

When Jay and I visited Rochester in the past, we never really ventured out. Mostly we'd just hang out in the Gonda Building and read, so we don't really know the town. Today we managed to locate a church and a grocery store, so we're making a little progress.

Tomorrow I report at 8 a.m. for my tests, but I don't know exactly what they're going to do. I admit this is a very boring update, but I guess when it comes to medical adventures, boring is good.

4 comments:

Abigail said...

Good luck tomorrow! We'll be thinking of you.

Sunshine said...

Keep the reports coming.
First of all, we care.. and then it is interesting to hear someone else's impressions. We have had lots of Mayo experiences over the years.
Our hearts go with you these days.

Karen's sister said...

Rah, Rah, Karen! It was fun to see you guys on Saturday and we're thinking about you, hoping for a bountiful harvest.

Don said...

Welcome to Minnesota :-)