Sunday, November 18, 2007

Delay! Dismay!

I won't be able to start the harvest tomorrow. Arrrrgh!

Early this morning, I had more injections and some blood tests that would show if I have enough stem cells to start the harvest tomorrow morning. I called this afternoon to get the results. They're looking at a certain number that has to be at least 10 before they'll let you begin harvesting. A couple of days ago, I was reassured that 80 percent of people hit 10 by Sunday's blood test and can start on Monday. My number was just FIVE. FIVE! So, instead of reporting for the harvest tomorrow, I report for more injections. Hopefully I'll be able to get my number up and start on Tuesday. I'll let you know.

Anyway, as Forrest Gump's mama once said, we've had all kinds of visitors. Jay's parents were here on Saturday night, and my sister, brother-in-law and niece got here this afternoon. At least I have a lot of company while I'm waiting for those cells to show up.

Yes, my line still looks disgusting. I'm Turtleneck Girl.

No comments: