Monday, November 26, 2007

.38, .39: Whatever it takes

Today while I was strapped to the machine, I got to watch one of the greatest '80s movies ever: Mr. Mom. I'm going to have to talk to the MOMS Club about getting together to play poker for coupons.

Anyway, the good movie vibes did nothing for my cells. I collected a mere .38 million. It's so low that they're making me take tomorrow off. They have increased my growth-factor injections yet again, and now I have to go get them twice a day. I just went to get a round of shots at 6:30 p.m. I'll go get more in the morning, as well as a blood test to see how the cells are doing. Remember way back when I had to have a certain number over 10 to begin collecting? It's that same test. I'm now at 7.75 million cells, so I am ALMOST THERE!!

Will I ever get to go home? I will let you know.

6 comments:

Abigail said...

Silly stem cells. We miss you and WCK. Let me know if there's anything I can send to boost your spirits. I'll even get brave and battle the nausea-inducing fumes from those black jelly beans again if it gets those stem cells a movin'

Brooke said...

You know, maybe I should mail you another card. I keep telling myself you'll be home any day now and if I send one then you'll be gone before it gets there...but then you keep getting delayed. I bet as soon I stick in the mail you'll have a record day and get to go home!!

We miss you!

karen's sister said...

Okay, I love Mr.Mom as much as the next child of the 80's - Schooner Tuna and all - but Deanna is right about Battlestar Galactica. It is totally frackin' awesome and it has some very nice looking young men in it (though T.J. reminds me that Jay is a very handsome young man himself). Anyway, it is surprisingly empowering for ladies, as it features a lady president and lady pilots who drink, swear, and beat people up. You should totally go out and rent season 1. And it is a show all about survival and the preservation of humankind, so it might help motivate those darn cells.

karen's sister said...

Oh, and when they get religious the ladies of Battlestar Galactica also turn to Athena and Artemis, the Goddesses of War. Very empowering.

tk said...

Would have loved to meet you in person today.

We're hoping you get home soon.

Rachel said...

Hang in there Karen! Tell those cells their 85% of the way there, and then they get a break. Keep them in line!