Thursday, October 04, 2007

Just call me Ross, because ...

I AM ON A BREAK!!



That's right. I'm off all of my medications right now. Yesterday, I went to strap on my medical alert bracelet like I do every morning, and then I realized I didn't need it! Woo! I'd worried that I'd have to do one more week of Dex because the harvest got pushed back, but Dr. GPO told me not to. It felt like the greatest news I'd ever heard in my whole entire life, because I honestly don't think I could have handled the Dex for one more week. Really, the thought of taking one more dose made me want to start crying. I don't go back to the Kansas City Cancer Center until Dec. 10, and that's when they'll start the process to get me back on drugs. Everyone assures me that I'll be able to get back on them immediately with no problem, but I don't believe them. We'll see. It'll be a good break.

Last weekend, we traveled to South Dakota for Jay's sister's wedding. WCK looked beautiful in her princess dress, and she was the hit of the reception. We were all shocked to discover that she loves loud dance music. She was a maniac, maniac on the floor, and kept it up until nearly 10 p.m. She even jumped into the conga line. We were all very impressed.

No comments: