Friday, October 26, 2007

The Big 300!

This is my 300th post on this blog. I can't believe I've come up with 300 different things to write about. It's probably just 300 variations of the topics, "Cancer is dumb," "My kid is cute," and "I love American Idol." Oh, and photos of celebrities and cupcakes.

Anyway, I guess it's fitting that I'm celebrating a blog milestone, because it was almost exactly two years ago right now that I was having that innocent blood test that "accidentally" found the Evil Protein in my blood. I just wanted to have my cholesterol and whatever checked; I didn't know incurable cancer was floating around in there. I got the results back on Halloween 2005, when a nurse called and said she was sending me to an oncologist immediately, but wouldn't tell me why. That wasn't a fun time.

But since then ... nothing really bad has happened to me. It has not been a bad two years. It's actually been a pretty happy two years:



I hope the next 300 posts/two years are just as good. Actually, I'm sure they will be better, because the cancer's butt is going to get completely kicked. Woooooo!

4 comments:

tk said...

Happy 300 and here's to 300 more...Fight the Beast!

Anonymous said...

It's been an incredible journey for you. Keep up the good attitude and work at defeating the Beast!

Debi said...

you are amazing! WooHoo!
As for the little one, be glad she is in "her" bed/crib and not "yours". ;-)

Blessings~

shira said...

Congrats on hitting the big 300! I think I am about 250 posts behind you..:0) You sound like an incredible gal and I wanted to let you know that I think your attitude is totally infectious!!! Keep it up!

With Joy,

Shira
www.choosingjoy.com