Monday, September 24, 2007

Martian Death Flu

WCK has finally recovered from an ugly bout of Martian Death Flu. Dave Barry coined this term; I use to to describe any cruddy illness that doesn't really have a specific diagnosis. WCK's symptoms were cough, fever, runny nose, and a serious vow to Never Eat or Sleep Again. She was well enough to go to the park this morning, and today she finally agreed to eat a good lunch and nap all afternoon. Hallelujah! She still has the runny nose from time to time. How do you teach someone to blow her nose? WCK won't wipe her own nose, and yet she can't tolerate the runniness. All day long I hear, "Nose running, please!" and I have to be at the ready with a Kleenex. At least she says please.

We didn't do much all weekend besides grapple with the Martian Death Flu, and of course I was under the curse of the Evil Dex Pills. Only one more week of drugs for me! Woo hoo!

In other news, I discovered a great brownie recipe and made it for a picnic Jay went to for a church group. Get a box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Brownie mix and mix it up as directed. Pour half of it into the pan, and then top it with a half a cup of cut-up chocolate mint patties. Pour the rest of the brownie mix on top and bake. The mints all melt away, but leave a minty flavor. Mmmm, good.

I know, I know: Baking? Knitting? Church picnics? Feverish children? What is this? Little House on the Prairie?

3 comments:

Karen's sister in law-Kim said...

Since you have been such a little miss Betty Crocker lately, I was wondering if you would like to make my wedding cake? A mint brownie cake sounds wonderful! Heh! Heh!

KinnicChick said...

Oh my. Those brownies do sound divine. I don't suppose they can be baked in the microwave. I'm not much of a Betty Crocker myself. haha.

Brooke said...

Mmmm...you need to bring those brownies to a MOMS Club function. And to the other reader, I make brownies in the microwave all the time. 6 minutes in a 6 1/4 cup Tupperware Heat N Serve container.