Saturday, August 04, 2007

Treasure Boxes

I finally finished Harry Potter, so now I can rejoin the real world. It's been a rough re-adjustment. I'm feeling a big letdown. What am I supposed to do with my life now? Re-read all of the books, I guess!

I've heard from a couple of people who are looking for free bone-marrow donation coupons. Unfortunately, I only had two of them. They were snapped up right away (thanks again, Gina and Morgan!), so I'm all out. If I get any more though, I will let you all know immediately.

Speaking of donating stuff: Remember I mentioned a service project my stay-at-home-moms' group was working on? We are holding a "Treasure Box" drive for Children's Mercy Hospital here in Kansas City. We're collecting small, trinket-type toys worth about $1 each (Hot Wheels cars, little stuffed animals, etc., etc) that children will get when they have to be outpatients at the hospital. You know: Each kid gets to pick a toy out of the box at the end of their hospital visit. Hopefully it'll be something that can help cheer them up. The hospital has about 325,000 outpatients every year, so they're in desperate need of toys. So ... if you'd like to help us out and donate some toys or make a small donation so that we can buy more toys, let me know. I'm hoping to get all of the donations collected by Aug. 17. So far, we are doing well and have gotten several donations from people who I know read this blog. Thank you!!

2 comments:

Kathy from NJ said...

I would like to make a money donation. Please let me know where to send it - do you have a paypal acct you'd like us to use?

RBottoni (at) optonline (dot) net

Brooke said...

Karen, I have a bone marrow donation coupon I received with my donor card. Let me know who I should send it to!

Brooke