Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The power of Pod-itive thinking

Earlier today, I got the following comment from DavidE:

Look at it this way, at least your trip to Mayo is "Pod Free"?

"Oh, yeah!" I thought. "The Pod!" I hadn't even stopped to think about the Pod since the last time it was forced upon me last March. Even when I called up to Mayo to make my appointment, I didn't think about having to use the Pod, which just shows how long it's been. I hate that thing. (For those of you just joining us, The Pee Pod is my affectionate nickname for the container the Mayo Clinic makes me use for my 24-hour urine collection. Yes, a 24-hour urine collection is exactly what it sounds like. It has to be the worst medical test ever. I would rather -- honest to God -- have a bone-marrow biopsy. At least then you get good drugs and cookies.)

Less than an hour later, the mail man stopped by and dropped off ... the Pod.

I always suspected that the Pod had evil, mind-reading powers. Now I know for sure. Beware the Pod.

2 comments:

David E said...

My emotions are fluxuating between laughter and pity!! I hope you know I was just kidding and never imagined it would really happen!

Red said...

"Yes, a 24-hour urine collection is exactly what it sounds like. It has to be the worst medical test ever. I would rather -- honest to God -- have a bone-marrow biopsy."

Um, all due respect, and spoken with a smile and all that, but: No you wouldn't.