Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Kee Dorge

Today I took WCK to her first real movie. A nearby theater shows kids' movies on weekday mornings for just $2 -- and WCK got in free because I said she'd sit on my lap instead of taking a paying customer's seat. This week's movie was Curious George, or as WCK would say, "Kee Dorge". We love Kee Dorge around our house. We've read the book at least once a day for the past two months, so I thought she'd enjoy it. She seemed confused when we got to the movie theater, since she's never been to one before. "Grocery store?" she asked.

We had our first sign of trouble when one of the pre-movie commercials featured a scary monster -- I mean, a really, really scary monster, people! -- eating a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli. The next commercial was a Priceline ad featuring William Shatner, who I personally find more disturbing than the scary monster, but WCK was still a little hung up on the Chef Boyardee thing. Everything else was just a little too scary and intense from then on. She did enjoy the few scenes of the cute monkey frolicking and having misadventures, but there was far too much time devoted to the evil son of the museum director plotting to screw over the Man with the Yellow Hat (who, by the way, is named Ted) and some search for a scary-looking ruin in Africa, blah blah blah dee blah blah.

WCK begged to leave after about 30 minutes. So we went. The second we were outside the door of the theater, she told me, "Kee Dorge! FUN!" and has been reminding me how fun it was all day. At least she wasn't traumatized.

In other news: I keep forgetting to let everyone know that I'm going back to Mayo to see Dr. H on Aug. 27. I like to check in with her at least every six months, and I really want her opinion on how she thinks I'm doing on the Revlimid. Plus we probably need to talk about if/when I'm going to have my stem cell harvest. We'll see how it all goes.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Thanks for the great stories of WCK. What a sweetie! Best wishes to her Mom.

David E said...

Look at it this way, at least your trip to Mayo is 'Pod Free"?