Saturday, July 07, 2007

Feelin' hot, hot, hot

Our air conditioner went out on Thursday evening. When you list the Top Ten Annoying Things That Can Happen To You, having your air conditioning quit in Missouri in July probably ranks up near the top. Heck, I don't even like to live in Missouri in July even when the air conditioning is working fine. The Air Conditioner Man didn't show up until late yesterday afternoon. He was able to fix it temporarily, but we need some hideously expensive part in order to keep it going in the long term. WCK can't go to college now, but at least we will be comfortable. She can get by on her good looks.

Anyway, because of the "We're Now Living Among the Flames of Hell" situation, I was actually grateful that I got to go to the Cancer Center on Friday and sit around in air-conditioned luxury for almost two hours. For once, I was happy that the lab techs -- as usual -- had the wrong orders for my tests and made me sit there in the freezing room while they straightened everything out. Then, Dr. GPO -- as usual -- was running way behind schedule, so I had to sit there forever. Usually all of this is annoying. Yesterday, it was just delightful.

My CBC and INR were just fine. My hemoglobin is still below normal at 11.1, but that's a small improvement over last month. Maybe it's starting to claw its way back. I won't get the results of everything else until next week. Dr. GPO said I'd get them Monday, but I'm guessing it'll be Tuesday or Wednesday. Dr. GPO says the protein drop usually slows down after the first couple of cycles, so he's not expecting as big of a drop as last time, and that's OK. We'll see what happens.

Because my INR has been so stable, I don't have to go back for an entire MONTH. Woo! Another vacation!

Unless, of course, our air conditioning quits again. Then maybe I'll have to fake a nosebleed or something.

1 comment:

kathy said...

I seem to remember our air conditioner going out on July 5 nine years ago during a bridal shower. Does that ring a bell with you? Anyway, I feel for you guys!