Friday, June 22, 2007

Headin' for the Hills

First off: There's a gal named Maria who I know through the moms' group, and she told me today that she has two coupons available that will allow someone to register as a bone-marrow donor FOR FREE. That's a $52 value for each coupon. She told me that she has a young nephew who has an immune-system disorder and needs a transplant. The entire family has joined the transplant list, but they still can't find a donor for him. They were able to get these coupons when they all signed up. If you are interested, let me know, and I'll get one of them to you. Or if you're in the moms' group and know Maria, you can ask her!

Next, I was back at the Cancer Center today, but just for an INR test, which is a simple finger stick. It's gone up to 1.9, but that's still within the range that it should be, so everything's just fine. I don't need to change my Coumadin dose. I go back in two more weeks for my next round of big tests to check in on my protein. Hopefully, Spike is still dying.

Finally, the blog is going on a brief hiatus, as Jay, WCK, and I are taking a family vacation to the Black Hills of South Dakota:











Wall Drug is one of my favorite places on the face of the earth. I know that's horribly wrong, but I don't wanna be right.


Anyway, if we can get any Internet access, I'll check in. Otherwise, I'll see you all when we get back. Buh-bye!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Have a great vacation!

gina said...

I am interested in the donor coupon. bravos@roadrunner.com