Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Die, Spike! Die!

I finally got the word on my M-spike today. An M-spike is a measurement of all of the bad protein being produced by the myeloma. Normal people don't have an M-spike in their blood, so you want this number to be zero. When mine was last checked in March, it was a hefty 4.9. Now it is a puny little ...

THREE! POINT! ONE!

That's right! Spike is meeeeellllllting! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllting! When I was first diagnosed, it was 3.2, so this is the lowest I've ever seen it.

Of course, the only good M-spike is a dead M-spike, and we want this sucker gone, or as close to gone as it can possibly get. Even at 3.1, I have a way to go. We'll get there, though.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

YEAH!!!! again:)

Karen's sister said...

WOOOOOOOOO!



woo!


A quick question, though... what's next? Does a person with Meyloma, with good results like this keep on taking the Rev? Is there any time you might not have to take it any more or do they treat it as an on-going condition? Just curious.

Abigail said...

*Doing the happy dance again* Be gone M-spike, be gone.

Sunshine said...

Oh Hurrah!!
Blessings be yours.

Kristen D. said...

Congrats Karen! Down, Spike, down!

My thoughts and prayers will be with you that the Revmilid continues doing its job.

tk said...

Great News!

Kathy said...

Karen, I'm back from my travels and have access to Internet again. All this news is so awesome!!! We will have to celebrate, soon!