Monday, June 11, 2007

Almost normal

It's working, everybody. The Revlimid is working. I still don't really believe it.

I don't have the results of the M-spike test (also known as a protein electrophoresis to all of you scientific types), but I did find out my total serum protein, and it is way down. In March, my total protein was 10.6, which is really high. The normal range for total protein is 6.0 - 8.5. Today my total protein is ....

EIGHT! POINT! SIX!

I'm just .1 away from being normal.

When the myeloma was first found, my total protein was 9.2, and it just kept climbing, so my protein is even lower than it was back in October 2005. I'm supposed to find out about my M-spike either tomorrow or Wednesday. Dr. GPO says he expects a big reduction.

Tonight is my last pill of this cycle, and then I'm off again for a week. Once again, it is time for a nice vacation ...

7 comments:

Abigail said...

Woo hoo! That's great news. I am so happy that it is working. Enjoy the vacation!

Renee said...

Congratulations - what great news:)

Brooke said...

YEAH!!!!!!

Patty said...

Congratultions Karen! So happy for you!

David E said...

This news is awesommmmme!!

Karen's sister said...

Yay! I can hear the Godcellas screaming from here!

Rachel said...

Wonderful news! Yaay!!