Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Vacation: All I ever wanted

Cycle One is done! Yes, last night I finished my first 21-day cycle of Revlimid, which means I get to spend the coming week on a nice Revlimid vacation. I feel so free.

Visual aid:



I went into the Cancer Center again today. My hemoglobin went back down a little bit to 10.8 (grrr), and my white cells also went down a little. Everything else is normal, but Dr. GPO wants to see my INR a teeny bit higher, so I have to increase my Coumadin dose a little bit. I was also expecting to have all of the tests that show if the Revlimid is actually working, but Dr. GPO said it's way too soon. He's going to wait to test me at the end of the second cycle on June 8. In the meantime, I get to cut back on the blood tests and go in every other week instead of every week. I suppose this is a good thing, considering two different nurses had to dig all around in my arm with a needle again, and I'm getting a nice set of bruises.

So now I have a two-week Cancer Center vacation, too. Again, a visual aid:



3 comments:

Brooke said...

Woo hoo, you're on "vacation" just in time for WCB's big birthday shindig! Though ladybug cupcakes on steriods might have been pretty entertaining:)

Abigail said...

Enjoy the vacation and have a good day tomorrow!

John Wagner said...

Vacations are good, but they never seem long enough!