Sunday, May 20, 2007

Martha Stewart I'm not, but ...

... I was happy with the way the cupcakes turned out. What do you think?



My parents came early to play with WCK so I could make them all. It wasn't too hard. My chief complaint is that I did indeed order the wrong size of eyeballs. I think the eyes need to be bigger and buggier. Don't you think the bugs look sort of beady-eyed and suspicious, as though they're plotting something?

Beady eyes aside, the party was a success. We held it at a local park, and we really lucked out with beautiful weather. It was a casual, good time with family, friends, and frosting. (Two-year-olds aren't known for eating cupcakes neatly ... but it was pretty funny to watch. My mom got it on video.) WCK loved the balloons, but wouldn't wear her ladybug hat. I had a whole lot of fun planning everything. Now I only have 364 days to plan next year's. I don't even have a theme yet! Pressure!

Today is Jay's 31st birthday. If you know the Old Man, drop him an e-mail! I think WCK and I are going to take him out to dinner to celebrate next weekend, since this weekend has already been so wild and cupcake-filled. That's the best kind of weekend, though.

6 comments:

Abigail said...

I love the cupcakes but I think the bugs' eyes look a bit freaked out: "oh crap, there's a hoard of 2 year olds going to eat us. Save us! Help! We had aspirations to be the eyes on tasteful butterfly cakes for a 50th wedding anniversary."

Or maybe my imagination is running wild today. Glad she had a good day.

tk said...

The cupcakes are adorable! Happy Birthday to WCK.

amanda said...

Those are cute. Martha, watch out!

Brooke said...

I'm so bummed we didn't make it! The cupcakes are adorable--I'm impressed:)

Renee said...

Very cute - LOVE the cupcakes! Maybe I'll hire you in November to make cupcakes for Abby's b-day;)

Hope WCK had a great b-day!!

Karen's sister said...

The cupcakes are awesome! The eyes seem like an okay size... not too buggy, not to beady. Give WCK a big birthday hug from Aunt Jenny, Uncle Wookie, and her Couzzie.