Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'll wait.

WCB has started saying a few little sentences -- things like, "I see you!" or "I do it!" She'll also ask, "Mommy ... ARE you?" which means, "Mommy, where are you?" Does that count as a sentence? I think so.

Then today she told me, "Daddy eats Cheerios." HA HA! If you've ever witnessed Jay's two-bowl-a-day habit, you know that Daddy is indeed serious about his Cheerios.

But there's one that makes us want to simultaneously laugh and cry: WCB is now entering the Terrible Two phase, which means she never wants to do anything that was someone else's idea first. You could say, "Hey, WCB, let's go hang out at a pony farm, pet puppies, eat candy, and watch Elmo at the same time," and she'd refuse, because it was your idea. If you try to pick her up and move her, her reaction is to go limp, like a protester being dragged away by the police, and fling herself onto the floor. Now, as she slides to the floor she'll look up with a gleam in her eye and then announce matter-of-factly, "I'll wait."

HA! For what? For us to stop harassing her, I guess.

No comments: