Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Those Oompa Loompas are so wise

I'm feeling much better now. I got eight hours of sleep and have stopped feeling like I'm going to throw up every two seconds. THANK YOU to everybody who has left encouraging comments. They are really helping. I feel like I'm now in strong, butt-kicking mode. I also feel somewhat relieved, because for the past year and a half I've been waiting for everything to go bad. Everything finally did go bad, and ... it really wasn't that bad. Now I no longer have to dread everything going bad, at least for the time being.

I called the KC Cancer Center and got an appointment for March 30. In a weird way, I'm almost looking forward to getting the drugs, so I can start watching them torture the heck out of the cancer. Plus, nobody wants this to happen to me:



What would the Oompa Loompas have to say? I think it would go a little something like this:

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Looma doompadah dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when your albumin's bad?
Your red cells are tired and your white cells are ... sad?
You could break a bone if you fall down the stairs
It's not like you're going to ... lose ... your ... hair ...
Just take the stupid Revlimid

Oompa Loompa doompadee dah
Kick cancer's butt and you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa doompadee doo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! Look out cancer, we have a fighter here!!!

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt in my mind you are going to kick some cancer butt!
Yvette

Anonymous said...

It is very admirable to see how determinant and optimistic you are about kicking the cancer butt. Many many people, including me, are positive that your right mind set and determination will help you to win this battle.
You are a winner, go and kick the cancer butt.

Arnie

Lizard Eater said...

The Husband and I are convinced that the chemo Little Warrior was on was like Peter Parker's radioactive spider and has given her superpowers. (Blink your eyes for one second and PHOOM ... she's washing her face in the toilet ... she's squeezing between the gate bars and running to the front yard ... she's swinging on the chandelier ...)

So, what will your superpower be? :)