Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dr. GPO

Tomorrow I go to see Dr. GPO to discuss this whole Revlimid thing. If you haven't read all the way back to the beginning of this blog -- or in case you forgot -- GPO stands for "Great and Powerful Oz." A little over a year ago, I had a difficult time getting an appointment at the Cancer Center, and the scheduling woman seemed to have the attitude of "Why, nobody gets in to see the wizard! Even I've never seen him!"

I said back then that getting an appointment was like getting in to see the Great and Powerful Oz, and the nickname sort of stuck on the blog. I don't want anyone to think I'm mocking the actual doctor or hinting that he's a fraud or anything. Just this morning, I heard through the grapevine that he went to bat for another cancer patient -- a father of a little girl who isn't that much older than WCB -- who was having trouble getting his treatment approved by the insurance company. I was impressed.

Anyway, who better to help me fight my cancer than someone with a big scary head and firepower? Am I right?



1 comment:

Brooke said...

We'll be thinking of you!