Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hallowed be thy TiVo

Today I was checking the suggestions on my "TiVo Suggestions" list and found ... a really, really long list of religious programming. If there was a religious show airing in the next two weeks, the TiVo had found it and wanted to record it for me.

This is odd. I don't know why the TiVo thinks I like religious programming. I can't remember previously recording anything remotely religious, unless you count A Charlie Brown Christmas. (Who doesn't love Linus reciting scripture? Before WCB was officially a girl, I suggested the name Linus. Jay said no.)

Then I figured it out: The TiVo saw my enormous backlog of Sex and the City reruns and is trying to save my soul.

3 comments:

amanda said...

Ha.

Maybe the Sex and the City episode where Samantha falls for a priest and ends up going to church would set your TiVo straight?

DeAnna Miller said...

We've had TiVo almost a year. I cannot TELL you how many times we have been shocked and awed by what TiVo has suggested. It's funny, and it's a little embarrassing. What about our viewing habits makes it think we would appreciate infomercials and specials about college football coaches?

Lizard Eater said...

Bwahahahaha! I love that.

My Tivo was giving me Westerns for a while. And then horror movies. Neither a genre I like.

Hmm. Perhaps it was telling me to give the remote to my husband, it was tired of women's shows.